Saturday, May 27, 2006

Driving Miss Jillian


Miss Jillian attended her first car show of the season this afternoon. Lithia in south Anchorage (Chevy dealership) hosted the annual reunion show for the Anchorage Corvette Association. At first, Jillian was very shy and not sure about all the people and cars. She warmed up quickly though and before we knew it she was running all over the place. Which meant I was one step behind saving the newly waxed cars from baby fingerprints. The only car I let her touch was ours....sorry Daddy, she was too fast - like a rocket! Jeremy walked in and immediately noticed the fingerprints....its like he has an internal radar. You should hear him when I come home from the store with a new door ding. I almost believe he thinks I should park in the back row (you know, the row that is always empty) and hike to the store with Jillian on my hip. Hmmmm, I suppose I should consider the potential exercise.




Jeremy and I had fun watching Jillian play in the car. Jeremy was a good sport to let Jillian play behind the wheel. Miss Jillian rides in the Corvette more than me! The car seats 2 and since our family numbers 3 (not counting Athena) it means that someone will always be left behind. Ahhhh, before you feel sorry for me - just think of all the things I'm able to do when Jeremy takes our girl cruising. Yep, bubble baths and naps and reading and sometimes even housework, but mostly naps.

The weather here in Anchorage is beautiful - warm (70's) and sunny! And for all you southerners - 70 is hot for us Alaskans! :) We are loving this weather!!!!!!! Jillian gets to wear cute summery clothes. Another biggie here where nice, warm days are not in abundance.

Happy Memorial Day to all of you! Hope you all have a GREAT weekend!


No comments: