Saturday, October 27, 2007

We've Moved!

WooHoo, we have house keys! :) We did the final walk through on Friday, October 12th and were given the keys to the house! Yeah!!!! Most everything is done...a few little things remain, but we are so happy to be here!


Our first sunset. The sunsets here are gorgeous! Immediately after the sun goes down, its very dark. There is no "dusk" and so few street lights. It feels odd to be warm AND dark! :)


Number One priority: paint the garage floor. Once that was done, Jeremy and I hung the blinds.

While we were hanging blinds, Jillian was creatively learning the best way to escape. Now there are chains on every door. Jillian is going through a naked stage...I just can't keep clothes on the girl. Before we put on the chains, I caught Jillian in the front yard wearing only socks! :) We had a plumber come out this week and I had a talk with Jillian about how we were having company and needed to stay dressed for company...the minute he walked out the door she started stripping! What could I say, she stayed dressed for the company! :)


Our household goods were delivered on Monday. We had so many boxes, they couldn't fit in the house! The moving guys filled up the lanai and then the yard with the extra boxes. Jeremy and I worked nonstop to empty all the boxes and get everything inside. We weren't fast enough....by the time I got to my craft room I found a cockroach in with my scrapbooking things. Euwwwwww! I have no tolerance for bugs and the house was sprayed before we moved in...but, there is only so much you can do with the outdoors. I immediately put the box back outside and waited for Jeremy to help retrieve the remaining items from the box. I hate bugs! Alaska really spoiled me in that way!



All tuckered out and nowhere to sleep. Jillian took her nap on the blue chair while I finished unpacking in her room. Mostly she did all her own unpacking, we popped open the boxes with her toys and clothes and let her take charge! This kept her busy for hours and allowed Jeremy and I to make progress in other areas of the home. It was like Christmas in October!

4 comments:

Mac and Caden said...

Congratulations! You look so happy!

Allie said...

Oh My God!!! The boxes are almost two times as tall as you Jen!!!! Your house looked packed with boxes, that must have taken a looooong time to get everything put in it's own little place. But it sure feels good when everything is put away and where it belongs!! I was looking at the picture with you, Jen, standing next to the boxes and all I could think is, I wonder what Jillian is getting in to!!:) After reading that she had unpacked her own things, I thought, wow how brilliant, that was a really good idea!! And I'm sure she missed all her toys that she hadn't seen in a while! Take more pics, once everything is complete! I can't wait to see more!
Love and miss you all,
Allie

Joy said...

Your house looks really nice! Moving is not for the weak hearted is it? You keep reminding me how lucky we are not to have bug problems out here in Alaska, thanks! Whenever we go visit Arizona, it feels weird that it can be dark and hot too! It is getting darker longer here already, another thing you won't have to deal with anymore!
Love you guys!
JOY

Krystal said...

yay! your new house! how exciting. Good luck with all the unpacking.