Friday, November 09, 2007

Potty Time and Nibble Tray

Jillian is potty training now...we started a bit at the condo but have really made progress since we've been here in the house. She does great at home....I still put her in a diaper at night and during trips away from the house. Those will be the next milestones. :) One night, we were all just hanging out at home. Jillian came to find us and told us that her baby was going potty. :) Jeremy and I thought, hmmmmm.....after following Jillian to the bathroom, this is what we saw. I had to get a picture, it was so cute. I don't think my reaction was appropriate though because since then I have thwarted many attempts for toys to "go potty".

I am reading "The Discipline Book" by Dr. and Mrs. Sears. Its really great....it is one of those books where I REALLY agree with some things and REALLY disagree with others, very interesting. Anyway, they write in the book about making a nibble tray for their children. They would take an ice cube tray and fill each section with a different, yummy treat and leave it in the fridge, within reach, for their kids. I tried a variation of this for Jillian....I made her a nibble tray using a chip-n-dip dish. I gave it to her at lunch and put the leftovers on the bottom shelf in the fridge, so that she could help herself throughout the afternoon. Oh and I left the fridge unlocked for her. :) Normally it is locked because she will get in there and eat everything and anything she can get her hands on....like condiments. She loved it! I had her help me make it too. This nibble tray has steamed veggies with a small bit of cheese, chips and salsa, plain noodles, mandarin oranges, goldfish crackers and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich cut into crustless bite-size pieces.

1 comment:

Allie said...

The doll just hanging out in the toilet is hillarious!! That is so funny, I am glad you got a picture, but I am sure now every doll and toy will need to go potty!!:)