Thursday, January 24, 2008

A Bay Found!

The next day we went back and found this little unmarked road that actually lead to the service entrance for the hotel. At the end of this road, past the service entrance, was A-Bay. This is my favorite beach so far....the coconut trees are so pretty and provide awesome shade! Now the sand here is not the best...its a little rocky. Jillian is sporting her Spiderman band-aids, her favorite!


A Bay is easier to say.


Jen and Jillian standing in front of the coconut trees.


Jeremy and Jillian standing in the ocean. The waves here were very calm...but they still made Jillian nervous. She wouldn't go in alone. Actually, none of us went swimming....the water was toooooo cold!



There was this wall of sand that extended the entire length of beach...all the way up to the next hotel. I'm not sure what purpose it served...maybe to keep the tides from coming in too far? There was enough beach in front of the wall to play and sit. I wanted to stay in the shade though. I am turning into my grandmother with sun paranoia.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jillian has GREAT smiles! I LOVE the picture of Jen & Jillian in front of the coconut trees! That is so sweet! I also love the picture of Jeremy holding Jillian in the water! :)
Low 70's are cold? OMG! What happenend to my Alaska girlfriend? That is so funny!
I am so glad you guys seem to have fun exploring HI. These are memories you'll treasure forever!
I can't wait to eventually get to visit, you pictures are going to make everyone want to come and visit you guys!
Miss you!
JOY

Mac and Caden said...

It is so fun to see what you are up to! You are starting to sound like those of us in AZ...thinking 70 degrees is on the cool side! Love you--The Clarks