Saturday, July 12, 2008

Deep Sea Fishing for Halibut

We couldn't go to Alaska and NOT bring home fresh halibut! :) Jeremy went fishing with our friends Andy and Ron & Brenda from Fairbanks. Jeremy on the boat. :)



Ron went fishing this year....last summer Jeremy and I went fishing with Brenda and her sister Paula. On that day, the weather was COLD and the water was choppy. I stayed bundled in my cold weather clothes and spent nearly the entire day hanging over the side of the boat because I was so sick. I still caught my 2 fish though! :) When Jeremy made plans for this year, I said no thank-you! Apparently, their experience this year was the exact opposite. It was warm, Ron fished in a tank top! And no one got sick. That's the way its supposed to be! :)


Brenda is fishing! :) Last year she was a real trooper and never once got sick, what an Alaskan woman with her sea legs!


Andy in front of all the fish. They take all the fish from the same charter and hang them on hooks....for photo ops.


Here is Jeremy! My man caught the biggest fish this trip. The biggest one was about 35 pounds and he also caught the next one to the left. The fishing was pretty good on the outgoing tide, but then all the halibut got smaller on the incoming. Brenda actually helped Jeremy bring his fish in because their lines were tangled and he did not think that he had a fish until after their lines were untangled and something was still pulling. We brought home 28 pounds filleted.

1 comment:

Joy said...

"My man caught the biggest fish" Has Jeremy (your man) heard you say that? I bet that will be all the foreplay you'll need! ;)