Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Eagle River Nature Center

Before we left Alaska, we had to go on a few hikes. The first was to Eagle River Nature Center. We brought Ashley, Josh's girlfriend, with us also. Left to Right above is Ashley, Josh, Luke, Tim holding Jillian and Joy.


Here we are on the pathway....Jillian barely wanted to stop for this brief photo break.


Joy and I wearing our matching scrapbook sweatshirts, courtesy of our scrapping sister Sharon. We are enjoying the majestic mountains.


Jillian LOVES bears! Remember, they used to say "hi!". :)

The mosquitos in Alaska are terrible! They are the size of small birds and swarm all around you, wherever you go....but especially in the woods! Joy is protecting her baby!


The cute couple.


Jillian wanted in on the cuddle action. She really likes Ashley too! :)


Joy and Jillian looking out at the river.


Magnificent Alaska....one of the most beautiful places in the world.

1 comment:

Joy said...

When I look at these 10 pictures under this subtittle--they all touch my heart! I particularly like the one with you & me wearing the scrapbook sweatshirts (Sharon wants a one!). I also love the picture of Jillian & the bear a lot! I LOL when I saw the one with me spraying Luke! I'm touched by the sweetness of the picture of Jillian's arm around Ashley's leg. I think the picture of Jillian running down the path away from us would be a GREAT last page in a scrapbook with a caption reading something like..."you must follow your own path in life" or something :) Awesome pictures! Thanks for taking us down memory lane--you guys made our summer!