Sunday, September 16, 2007

We Made It!

We made it to Kona on the Big Island! We left Alaska on August 17th and have been missing home everyday since! It is super HOT here, the temps have been high 80's (almost 90!) most days. We are soooo not used to temps that high....not to mention the humidity! :)



Jeremy and Jillian at Hapuna Beach, the first beach we visited. It was gorgeous and the waves were super strong. They knocked me over twice while I was holding Jillian! This is supposed to be a good place to boogie board....hmm, we might have to try that sometime....if I decide to be brave enough.


Jillian playing with the sand at Hapuna. She ate much sand this day! :)

We took this picture from one of Jeremy's sites. From this site you can see 3 of the other islands....Maui, Molokai and another island starting with L that I can't remember right now. It is very hard to see in this picture...but, in between the clouds and ocean is land. Maui! I could see all 3 islands surprisingly well on this day, very cool!

2 comments:

Mac and Caden said...

I am cracking up! For the first time since May, it has not gotten over 100 degrees here in Phoenix and we are in heaven! It was 68 yesterday morning and I wondered if the kids needed sweaters. We're so happy that you are all doing well! Love the pictures!

The Withrows said...

Hi Julie!

Our families in the midwest have no sympathy for us either. :) Aaaah, I remember the good days when 68 was HOT! :) We miss home!!!! Can you e-mail me your blog address? It is saved on our home computer, which is sitting at the port waiting to be delivered. jrjenwithrow@gmail.com.