Monday, March 17, 2008

Three in March

Last week was Jillian's birthday...she turned 3 years old! When asked, "how old are you?" Jillian would answer, "Three in March!" I thought that was so cute. Jeremy was traveling for work over her birthday, which was a little sad to celebrate without him. So we had two celebrations, one with just mom and one with mom and dad....which was a total score for Jillian. The night before her birthday she slept with me and in the middle of the night I snuck into her room to set up the new table and chairs and the rest of her presents. That morning I made her wear a blindfold to add to the suspense.




I wanted to make a Barbie birthday cake....the kind of cake that has the barbie doll on top and the cake is decorated to be her skirt. Jillian and I went to the store and picked out her first Barbie. I used my oven-safe mixing bowl to bake the cake....it took 2 boxes and almost 2 hours to bake!!!! When cooled, I wrapped Barbie's legs in press and seal wrap and stuck her down into the cake. The cake was tall enough to just cover her knees....and not even close to her waist where we needed. If I had another mix, I would have made another round cake to sit as a pedestal and add extra heighth. Bummer, I'll do better next year.

No comments: