Saturday, November 01, 2008

Hilton Waikoloa Village

On their last day in town, we took Papa Dan and Nana to see the Hilton Resort in Kona. We had never been either and had been wanting to go. It was amazing! If you vacation here, you would never have to leave the resort grounds, they have everything!! And its so ginormous that you have to take a boat on their lagoon waterway or a tram to get where you want to go!

Jeremy, Jillian and I are enjoying the boat ride.


Papa Dan, Nana and Jillian are enjoying the boat ride.

This the view of the lagoon waterway...it was so beautiful! There were fish swimming in the water and exotic birds in the gardens along the way.


We got off the boat to visit the Dolphin Sea Village. They have 14 dolphins and we arrived just in time to see them eat lunch and do a little bit of training.


On of the dolphins popping up to say Hi!


On of the dolphins swimming close to where we were standing.

After checking out the dolphins we ate lunch at one of the cafe's. After Jillian finished her lunch, she started feeding the birds her leftovers. The birds were less timid than I think she was expecting. She didn't like how close they got!
One of the birds perched on my hand while nibbling bread from my fingers.
Let me repeat, we were done eating. And we bathed in hand sanitizer afterwards. Oh, and I guess we were lucky that no one else happened to be sitting on the lower deck with us....they may not have appreciated that we were attracting more and more birds so close to the tables.
There is a path along the lagoon. In one area the path runs right under this pretty waterfall.


Papa Dan is holding Jillian up on a horse statue in one of the courtyards of the hotel.


All tuckered out after a long day of playing tourist.

2 comments:

Allie said...

Wow! This place looks amazing! I bet it costs an arm and a leg to stay there!! That is so cool that they have dolphins and boat rides around the area!! Looks like fun!
Love you all,
Allie

Joy said...

Tim's brother & wife stayed at the Hilton Waikoloa and bragged about their getting to swim with the dolphins! It has been about 14 years ago...and I've never given up on the dream to someday go there! Now that I've seen your pictures, I REALLY want to make that dream a reality someday!

OMG! Jen, you had a bird eating out of your hand! How amazing! I personally think I'd have Jillian's attitude though... :)

I LOVE the picture of your beautiful family in front of the waterfall! I'm thinking Christmas card potential!

Hope we can rob Mary to pay Paul and come out this summer to celebrate Josh's graduation...let us pray!

Man, we miss you guys!
Love,
JOY