Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Chores

When Jillian turned 3 this year, we decided it was time for her to have household chores. She has three jobs...she helps me feed Athena, she helps me with folding and putting away the laundry (especially her clothes) and she puts the soap in and starts the dishwasher.


Athena is eagerly watching Jillian prepare her dinner. Yum-O!

This week before school and work, Jillian was sleeping in and I did not not to wake her until the last possible moment. So, I tried to do everything I could do without her to get us ready...I made lunches, packed the car, and had her outfit ready. Then I decided to feed Athena on my own...I filled her bowl up with food and started getting her vitamins and pills ready (she takes 5 pills with each meal). Jillian heard the pill bottles from her sleep and came running into the kitchen...."I'll do the vitamins!" :)


Jillian is folding her clothes...great job! :)


Our Costco sells the Cascade packs in bulk...it makes Jillian's job easier to grab a packet and hit the "start" button.
We try to make her jobs as fun as possible. When I'm ready for her help I'll call, "Who wants to help me feed Athena, start the dishes, or fold clothes" And I try to sound super excited. If Jeremy happens to be home at the same time, he'll yell back "I do!" and run to try to do the job before Jillian. There is something about Daddy "wanting" to do the job that makes Jillian want to do it even more!

1 comment:

Allie said...

Jillian looks so happy folding her laundry!! What a happy little girl!! I love the picture of Jillian feeding Athena, I can remember filling Athena's bowl, and she (athena) would wait paitently and drool until you told her she could eat!! How well behaved!!
I miss you guys!!
Love, Allison