Friday, December 05, 2008

Wind Storm


Last week we had a massive wind storm. It blew our outdoor table across the lanai where the glass top shattered into a zillion tiny pieces. We spent hours picking tiny bits of glass out of the cinder gravel planter that runs along the edge of the lanai....using needle nose pliers....filling a wheelbarrow and a bucket. Jeremy used the shop-vac to vacuum the grass...the glass was in the yard and we didn't know how else to clean it up. Oh my heavens, if we ever get a table with a glass-top again (and right now the chances of that happening are almost nil), but if we do - we'll have it coated with the hurricane film. Thank God, Athena was OK. Jillian and I got home and Athena met us at the door with an apologetic look that seemed to say "I just dug up the whole yard and I am soooooo sorry. Please remember you love me!" I can't imagine how frightened she must have been. The glass covered every inch of our lanai, most of the cinder planter and even into the yard....we are grateful that somehow Athena's paws managed to escape injury.
On the bright side, Jillian has learned of something to blame when she does something ornery. "It was the wind" she has told me several times when asked "Did you do this?"

1 comment:

Joy said...

Wow, I wouldn't have thought of a glass top being a dangerous item for outside, but I guess it can be! I'm so glad nobody got hurt! We get strong winds & we have a glass top table outside too...hmmm... With the snow now, it is being stored, but we'll have to watch out for high winds!

Love your backyard!
Love you guys!
JOY