Thursday, December 17, 2009

CCF Christmas Program

Cornerstone had a lovely Christmas program this year. We practiced "Go Tell it On the Mountain" for nearly 3 months to prepare! :) Jillian is waiting with the other preschoolers for their turn to sing.

Here they are with the bigger kids too. One of the big girls sat in front and did the hand motions to remind them what to do and when.
On this morning, Jillian was very nervous about going to church and said she did not want to go and do the program. I told her that wasn't an option, she had to go. She said, OK - but I won't sing and I won't do the hand motions. Internally, I growled but I said nothing. I couldn't FORCE her to participate, right? All I could do was get her there. Watching them, what I remember from this day was that Jillian did not participate and I found it amusing that she stuck to her guns. I've even been telling everyone I know about my strong willed little girl. And now I look at this cute photo and I see her clearly doing the hand motion for mountain. Huh, I guess I didn't really remember everything. It makes me happy to look at this picture and realize I was wrong.

No comments: